Saturday, February 11, 2012

The cardboard box

My Aunt Lindi has ended up with a LOT of "stuff" over the years from her Aunt Esther, her dad, Richard Marshall and her mother, Willie Linenbach.  She has taken such good care of them and managed all the details that go with caring for the elderly.  This last month she completed a goal she has been trying to get to for several years, and went through all of the papers, photos and things that have been in storage.  When I saw her a few weeks ago, so gave me a cardboard box of things to look through.

Life gets busy and the box has been sitting in my living room for several weeks.  She even asked me the other day if I had gone through it, and I said I would get to it soon.  Today, on a whim, I opened the box...

WOW!!!!

There is an absolute treasure trove of wonderful things in this box!!  I want to share a few of those things I found in this box today...

Look at this absolutely gorgeous photo of my Gma Willie!!  I have never seen this before!  I think this may have been around the time that she graduated from high school, so circa 1940.  Very glamorous!

This is a small, black leather folder that has great-grandfather, Wilber Love's, 
WWI military info in it.  It may have been his military ID.  (You can read more 
about his military service HERE)  I absolutely love it that things such as these 
make it through moves and garages and storage units and are still intact and amazing!!

My grandmother was quite a good shot with a rifle.  Here is one of her targets, and 
her patch from the Rifle Team at Herbert Hoover High School in Glendale, CA.  
It is so neat that she kept these!!

(You can read more about this HERE)

The was my Gma WIllie's writing when she was 5 1/2 years old.  
It was on the back of a Mother's Day card.  It is amazing to imagine my 
90 year old Gma scratching out her name with an ink pen when she was 
younger than my youngest daughter.

This is a record with an interview with Wilbur and Faye Love on it from 1942.  
The Bride and Groom may have been Willie and my Gpa Caman.  They were 
married 28 June 1942.  I hope to be able to make a digital recording of it.


This is my Gma Willie's high school graduation certificate from 1940!!

This is a picture of Willie and Linn Linenbach on their wedding day.  I had not ever 
seen this before!  They were married in the Little White Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1974.

This is a photo of me and my dad that I have never seen before. 
 I believe I was about a year old.  Aren't I adorable?! : )

This photo of me and my dad and mom was dated August 1969, 
which would make me a little over six months old.

This is a photo of my brother, Jordan, when he was two weeks old, taken 16 June 1971.  

An this one is of my baby brother, Jeremy, who is a foot taller than me, by the way, 
taken when he was  about two weeks old, so about March 1973.

There is a lot more in the box and I have a LOT of scanning to do!! : )  I love seeing photos and memorabilia that connects me to my family!  What a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment