Friday, March 30, 2012
The Summoner
My mother was here visiting me a few weeks ago to help me with my surgery and recovery. She brought me a gift of a doll called The Summoner. Besides being a stunning and amazing doll, there was a reason she chose it for me. She said I am the summoner for our family history, photos and artifacts. I am the gatherer of information and history, I summon them to me. I really like that! It is something that I love and which defines who I am. I am a part of my history.
And, my mom knows me really well!! : )
One of my restrictions during my recovery is that I am not allowed to pick anything up. Nothing! My surgeon was very clear on that! So, since my Family History stuff is plentiful, and therefore, heavy, I can't even work on Family History. Sigh. Only three and a half more weeks!!
Labels:
photographs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment