Last month was the closing social luncheon of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers, a historical society that I am a member of. I was asked to decorate the tables. There are many things that I have the privilege of being caretaker, so, I packed together some of them and I used them as table decorations.
I took photos of each of the displays.
In this centerpiece, the leaf doily belonged to Gma, Lu Penrose Bond (I am not sure if it belonged to anyone before her); the silver candle holder, the curling iron and the wooden recipe box belonged to Gma, Wilburta Love Linenbach (which she got from her mother, Florence Faye Alkire Love), the tube is military citations from g-Gpa Wilbur Love; the plate was painted by Monna Love Drake, Gma Willie's aunt, Wilbur's sister; the pin is the Macfarlane Scottish family crest; the photo is of g-Gma, Elizabeth Griffiths; the compact and the Bible came from the Abbotts (Kevin's mother's side of the family); the photo of the little boy is of David Nerhing, Kevin's dad. I made the pioneer sun bonnet.
In this centerpiece, the silver candle holder, the silver plate, the recipe book, the Art of Cooking and Serving book, the beaded shawl and the golden spoon belonged to Gma, Wilburta Love Linenbach (which she got from her mother), the drafting case was Dad's; and the hat is a scottish tam-o-shanter with the Macfarlane Scottish family crest.
In this centerpiece, the leather recipe box, the flowered bowl and the clippers belonged to Gma, Wilburta Love Linenbach (who got them from her mother), the leaf doily and the Book of Mormon came from Gma, Lu Penrose Bond, and the photo is of g-Gma, Elizabeth Griffiths, and her mother, Beatrice Betts. I made the pioneer sun bonnet.
In this centerpiece, the silver cups and the wooden scrapbook belonged to Gma, Wilburta Love Linenbach; the hymn book came from the Nehring family; the biography is about g-g-g Gpa, John Menzies Macfarlane; and the photos are of Henrietta Ingalls Wallace, g-g- Gma. I made the pioneer sun bonnet.
These are "things" but they represent the amazing lives of our grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and more. It is a great gift to be able to preserve them!
No comments:
Post a Comment